Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented candidates to consider for our Development Assistant position. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
In this full-time position, you will support the Vice President of Development and development staff with fundraising efforts and be responsible for all the administrative aspects of the development activities.
Essential functions include:
- Accurately manage the Raiser’s Edge database
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors
- Regularly produce reports and create invoices - Assist with direct mailings
- Review bank statements and reconcile deposits with the finance department
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings
- Maintain guest lists; prepare registration materials and other duties associated with fundraising events
- Assist with grant writing and reporting - Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and a fundraising software required; preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Associates degree and minimum 3 years administrative experience preferably with a not-for-profit
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well with others but also work well independently
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment that requires you to multi-task and think and act quickly and efficiently
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends