Food Handler - Camp Woodchuck 2020 (Seasonal)
THIS IS A TEMPORARY SUMMER POSITION**
Camp Woodchuck Dates are:June 1, 2020 through July 31,2020. Position will be full time.
Must be available to do training a week before Camp starts.
JOB SUMMARY: **The Cook oversees meal preparation by preparing and cooking food, correctly portioning food, and pureeing food based on the needs of the children at meal and snack times throughout the day. This person will also maintain a clean and safe kitchen area by putting away inventory, doing dishes, cleaning appliances, food preparation areas, and other areas with in the kitchen. The cook will also ensure items are stocked in the appropriate location.
- Provide nutritious, well-prepared and presented meals and snacks on a timely basis.
- Maintain inventory and stock items in appropriate storage areas.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen, including doing dishes.
- Inspect food, preparation areas, and storage areas, utilizing knowledge of health and sanitation regulations.
- Must maintain accurate records.
- Appropriately prepare and portion food based on the needs of children.
- Properly use kitchen appliances at meal preparation times.
- Must have knowledge of the nutritional needs of children.
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- Must have ability to comply with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Food Handlers card required.
- 1 year experience cooking for over 50 people.
Job Type: Full-time