Special Events Coordinator
Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Special Events Coordinator. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The focus of the Special Events Coordinator is to increase revenue with a primary goal of managing signature special events. This individual will report to the Vice President of Development, and will provide leadership in the planning, coordination, and evaluation of agency’s large-scale, signature special events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Works with VP of Development to assure that special events maximize revenues for agency.
- Assists in developing plans including timetables, and budgets for revenue-producing events.
- Develops and maintains corporate and individual communication, participation, and sponsorship of event; manage vendor relationships and partnerships.
- Enters and maintains accurate information in Raisers Edge database; collaborate with Development Assistant to ensure all records are current and accurate.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2 years’ previous work related fundraising, community development experience preferred.
- Personable and a team player; able to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Works well in stressful situations, and is able to maintain a sense of calm under pressure.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office is required; knowledge and experience in Raisers Edge database program or similar software and social media is preferred.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:90% Indoors, 10% Outdoors
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately in an oftentimes fast-paced, emotionally demanding work area.
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.
Job Type: Full-time