Targeted Case Manager
Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Assistant Teacher As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The Target Case Manager assists a family in the planning and coordination of I/DD services. This individual attends IEP meetings as an advocate for the child, or creates a Behavior Plan for the child’s needs.
Essential Job Functions (Responsibilities)
- Provides information on IDD Services.
- Assists with service planning and coordination of IDD services.
- Assist clients with needs assessment on an on-going basis.
- Organize, prioritize, and perform work tasks within deadlines and constraints of policies, procedures, and processes of regulatory entities.
- Deal effectively with clients, community professionals, and co- workers in a professional manner.
- Comply with rules of Conduct for Case Managers Serving People with Developmental Disabilities. (KS. Dept. of Social and Rehabilitations Services, HCP/CSS).
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field required.
- Minimum of 6 months’ full time experience in field of Human Services.
- Prior experience working with children with special needs preferred
- Must be a self-starter and work independently as well as a great team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent people skills.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
Work Pace: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
Work Environment: This position operates in a professional office environment, utilizing standard office equipment
Physical Demands: May require frequent extended work days. Requires some travel between RUI sites, other community agencies and throughout the state.
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.
Position Type: Full-Time