Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for an Accounting Specialist. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The Accounting Specialist has a broad knowledge of Accounting processes and procedures. Assists the Vice President of Finance, and Controller in the completion of Accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Assists with management of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable for the Agency, including maintaining accurate records.
- Inputs deposits and cash receipt entries in the Financial Edge accounting software system.
- Records credit card statements in Financial Edge and records bank draft payments.
- Enters invoices daily and prepares payments and records bank drafts.
- Assists with preparation for annual audits.
- Prepares spreadsheets from Medicaid and private insurance Explanation of Benefit forms.
- Prepares annual 1099 reporting.
- Ensures compliance with internal accounting procedures.
- Reconciliation of petty cash and entry into Financial Edge.
- Performs other accounting related tasks as assigned.
- Business, Accounting, or related college credit preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- General knowledge of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable cycles – primarily transaction entry, required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in General Accounting processes required.
- Non-profit experience preferred but not required.
- Clerical skills, including typing, filing, calculator, copier and computer.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work within deadlines.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with public and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to comply with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with Accounting software.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Job Type: Full-time