An Assistant Teacher assists the Lead Teacher in planning the daily activities of the children. Works with the teacher to facilitate activities for all children both indoors and outdoors. Assists teacher to implement the developmental assessment for each child to determine the child’s strengths and areas in which each child may need help.
- Assists the teacher in providing a warm and nurturing environment in which the children can grow.
- Assesses the child's day to day strengths and needs through observation and maintains records as required.
- Provides input to classroom planning, both long term and short term.
- Maintains open communication with teacher, parents and other staff members.
- Ability to comply with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Must have the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately in an oftentimes fast-paced, emotionally demanding work area.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- CDA (Child Development Associate) Certificate, Associates Degree, or college hours in child development preferred.
- Prefer 1 year working with special needs children or young children.
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately in an oftentimes fast-paced, emotionally demanding work area.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: 90% Indoors, 10% Outdoors.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time, Shift: 8 hours Monday - Friday
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.