Sign-On Bonus: We are offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus to the candidate who fills this role! The first $2,500 will be paid on the first check after employment begins and the second $2,500 will be paid out after completing one year of service.
An Audiologist serves children with Developmental Disabilities from birth to age 21 in the home, and community settings. This individual must have a genuine interest in working with children and families.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Conducts hearing screenings and evaluations for children 0-21 in the home and community settings.
- Works with transdisciplinary team to achieve the educational and developmental goals of the child.
- Resource to families, and staff for acquisition and maintenance of audio logical equipment supplies.
- Completes appropriate paperwork in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Masters or Doctorate Degree required.
- Current Kansas Licensure through Kansas Department of Aging and Disability required.
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) Certification (CCC-A) required.
- New graduates must apply for a license within 12 months.
- Minimum of 1 year working with children with Developmental Disabilities preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with parent, children, public, and other professionals.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt