JOB SUMMARY: An Autism Specialist conducts assessments to determine client needs, develops individual behavior plans, and provides support and direction to the assigned Autism IIS Worker(s).
- Conduct behavior assessments to determine client needs, functions of problem behaviors and the significant skills
- Develop individual behavior plans
- Provide support and direction to other Behavior Technicians including monitoring client data, making data-driven decisions about programming, and monitoring Behavior Technicians hours
- Complete and maintain training and continuing education requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Master's Degree is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience providing services to children and families with autism.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Program Coordinator, Behavior Technicians and other stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal, time management and interpersonal skills
- Keen understanding of behavioral principles and how to effectively implement them
- A strong belief in data-driven behavior change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and data entry
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- BCBA certification a plus
- As a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, you must adhere to BCBA best practice standards and guidelines, possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and have a keen understanding of behavioral principles and how to effectively implement them.
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to work quickly and efficiently in an oftentimes fast-paced, emotionally demanding work area.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Part time (30 hours), benefit eligible. Located in: Wichita, Kansas
Rainbows United, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, of local laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.