Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for a Certified Medication Aide. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The CMA monitors the health needs of the children in childcare settings, as well as home settings and provides medication administration in childcare settings and in-home settings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Monitors the health needs of the children in the Agency.
- Uses technical, assessment and documentation skills.
- Organizes work flow and responds to emergencies.
- Deals effectively with parents, and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Administers medications and feedings in childcare settings.
- Required current Certified Medication Aide certification in good standing.
- Minimum of 1 year working, perferbaly in a pediatric setting.
- Knowledge of G-tube feedings and seizure disorders preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and work independently as well as a great team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal & communication skills required.
- Ability to comply with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Ability to maintain CMA certification.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates indoors onsite as well as community settings, and homes as needed.
May require frequent extended work days. Requires some travel between RUI sites, other community agencies and throughout the state.