THIS IS A TEMPORARY SUMMER POSITION
DATES ARE: May 20 through August 16, 2019.
SHIFT: Monday -Friday 7:30 AM -4:00 PM
JOB SUMMARY: The Cook oversees meal preparation by preparing and cooking food, correctly portioning food, and pureeing food based on the needs of the children at meal and snack times throughout the day. This person will also maintain a clean and safe kitchen area by putting away inventory, doing dishes, cleaning appliances, food preparation areas, and other areas with in the kitchen. The cook will also ensure items are stocked in the appropriate location.
- Provide nutritious, well-prepared and presented meals and snacks on a timely basis.
- Maintain inventory and stock items in appropriate storage areas.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen, including doing dishes.
- Inspect food, preparation areas, and storage areas, utilizing knowledge of health and sanitation regulations.
- Must maintain accurate records.
- Appropriately prepare and portion food based on the needs of children.
- Properly use kitchen appliances at meal preparation times.
- Must have knowledge of the nutritional needs of children.
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- Must have ability to comply with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Food Handlers card required.
- 1 year experience cooking for over 50 people.
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to work at a fast pace and make decisions quickly. WORK ENVIRONMENT: Indoors
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.