Sign-On Bonus: We are offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus to the candidate who fills this role! The first $1,250 will be paid on the first check after employment begins and the second $1,250 will be paid out after completing one year of service
Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Development Assistant in Sedgwick County. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
A Development Assistant assists in research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors for Rainbows. This individual must have a passion for our mission.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSABILITIES):
- Conducts preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors.
- Maintains Raiser’s Edge Database and assist with maintaining donor files.
- Regularly runs pledge reports, creates invoices and prepares acknowledge letters.
- Assists with direct mailings.
- Reviews bank statements and reconcile deposits with the finance staff.
- Assembles media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Maintains guest lists; prepare registration materials and other duties associated with fundraising events.
- Assists with grant writing and reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree.
- Rasier’s Edge Software knowledge is preferred.
- Prefer 1 year working with Non-Profit.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Must have the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately in an oftentimes fast-paced, work area.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA STATUS: Full-time, Non-exempt
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization
Job Type: Full-time