The focus of the Fundraising Coordinator is to organize and execute fundraising efforts to maximize Agency revenue and promote brand awareness. This individual will secure funding and sponsorships by developing fundraising plans, maintaining donor relationships, and securing new ones. In addition, the Fundraising Coordinator will coordinate with various business partners and organize events. This individual will report to the Vice President of Development, assist with fundraising initiatives, and help achieve objectives of Rainbows’ Strategic Plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Works with Vice President of Development to assure that corporate engagement and fundraising initiatives maximize revenues for the Agency and achieve annual fundraising goals.
- Participates as a professional member of Rainbows Leadership Team and the Development Department staff in providing effective service to the Agency.
- Assists with the facilitation of membership and activities of Agency auxiliary group, Friends of the Heart.
- Oversees corporate sponsorships and all aspects of fundraising events and activities to execution.
- Assists in developing a comprehensive fundraising plan, including timetables and budgets for revenue-producing initiatives; evaluates the outcomes of each.
- Develops and maintains corporate and individual communication, participation and fundraising of special initiatives, managing vendor relationships and partnerships.
- Assists in writing proposals and special project grants.
- Coordinates communications with Marketing Department in support of fundraising efforts.
- Supervises event staff and volunteers.
- Coordinates and interfaces with key volunteers, leads special initiative committees, develops relationships with volunteers, and collaborates with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure event volunteer goals are met.
- Maintains accurate information in Raiser’s Edge database, collaborating with Development Specialist to ensure all records are current and accurate.
- Bachelor’s Degree with prior experience preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office is required; knowledge and experience in Raisers Edge database program or similar software and social media tools is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to multi-task and possesses excellent organizational and creative thinking skills.
- Energetic, personable and a team player; able to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Works well in stressful situations and is able to maintain a sense of calm under pressure.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt