Rainbows is empowering children and families and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Direct Support Professionals for Camp Woodchuck. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
Candidates must be available to work the dates listed below:
June 1st – July 28th
Must be available to do training a week before Camp starts and attend a fingerprinting session time slot.
Orientation dates will be May 23rd and 24th, or May 25th and 26th (more dates may be added as needed)
New hires will only need to attend one set of Orientation days, not all 4 dates.
Fingerprinting sessions will be scheduled on 5/3/2023.
The Direct Support Provider (Camp) attends to daily duties as needed for Camp including assisting in helping with meals, activities, and overall support for the children.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Provides appropriate companionship and personal care for youth (ages 5 to 21) with developmental needs.
- Attends to daily living activities as required.
- Actively participates in camp scheduled activities with children and youth.
- Maintains a safe and appropriate environment for camp attendees.
- Provides input to parent/guardian/program coordinator or camp director regarding care, concerns, accidents or problems.
- Maintains open communication with parent/guardian and appropriate camp staff.
- Ability to comply with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains communication with the Program Coordinator or his/her designee.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the clients and program.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Reliable Transportation.
- Previous experience working with Special Needs preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and work independently as well as a great team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent people skills.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non–Exempt
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Seasonal- June 1st through July 28th, 2023 during Summer Camp Woodchuck
- Option to remain part time after Camp Woodchuck is over
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M
Salary: $14.25 per hour
WORK PACE: Fast paced environment, requiring the ability to make decisions in a quick manner.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Outside position during Camp Woodchuck.
LOCATION: 2258 N. Lakeway Cir, Wichita, KS 67205