Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Direct Support Professionals. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The Direct Support Professional serves children age birth to 21 with Developmental Disabilities in a home or facility setting. This person will attend to daily living activities and maintain open communication with parents or guardians and the Program Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Assists the client in home or center based setting with activities of daily living as required.
- Maintains the physical environment in appropriate condition.
- Provides input to parent/guardian/site coordinator regarding care, and any accidents, or problems.
- Maintain open communication with parent/guardian.
- Ability to comply with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate in the English language
- Maintain open communication with the Program Coordinator or his/her designee.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the clients and program.
- High school education or equivalent.
- 1 year working with children with developmental disabilities preferred. Experience working with individuals with challenging behaviors.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be a self-starter and work independently as well as a great team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to effectively deal with children and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Must have the ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non–Exempt
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in home or center-based setting.
- Weekday-Part-time hours vary according to family needs.
- Monday-Friday: 6:30 A.M. – 8:30 A.M Monday-Friday: 3:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.
- Weekend-Part time hours
- Saturday-Sunday: Anytime
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.
Job Type: Part-time