SIGN-ON BONUS: The selected candidate for this position will be eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus! The first $2,500 will be paid on the first check after this employee begins and the second $2,500 will be paid after this employees first year of service.
The ECSE Teacher works with families and children birth to 5 years of age with developmental disabilities in a community based setting. This person will work to develop the IFSP with the family and monitor progress of the child.
- Provides a warm and nurturing environment in which the children can grow.
- Develops educational planning, both long term and short term.
- Develops IFSP with the family
- Works with an interdisciplinary team to achieve the educational and developmental goals of the child.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Collects and enter data as required
- Maintains good communication with the supervisors, parents, and other staff members.
- Complies with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education required.
- ECSE certification required or Certifications in ECH, EC, SE, and ECU will be considered.
- 1 year working with special needs children in a teaching capacity or a supervised practicum preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:90% Indoors, 10% Outdoors
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately in an oftentimes fast-paced, emotionally demanding work area.
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.
Job Type: Full-time
Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Early Childhood Special Education Teacher. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.