Sign-On Bonus: We are offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus to the candidate who fills this role! The first $2,500 will be paid on the first check after employment begins and the second $2,500 will be paid out after completing one year of service.
Rainbows is empowering children and families and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Early Childhood Special Education Teacher. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The ECSE Teacher works with families and children birth to 5 years of age with developmental disabilities in a community based setting. This person will work to develop the IFSP with the family and monitor progress of the child.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Provides a warm and nurturing environment in which the children can grow.
- Develops educational planning, both long term and short term.
- Develops IFSP with the family
- Works with an interdisciplinary team to achieve the educational and developmental goals of the child.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Collects and enter data as required
- Maintains good communication with the supervisors, parents, and other staff members.
- Complies with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education required.
- ECSE certification required or Certifications in ECH, EC, SE, and ECU will be considered.
- 1 year working with special needs children in a teaching capacity or a supervised practicum preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with parents, children, public, and other professionals.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in homes and community settings as needed.