Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Family Support Services Coordinator. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force
The Family Support Services (FSS) Program Coordinator manages the day-to-day operations of Supportive Home Care Services, in-home and center based. This includes supervising staff that serve clients in Latchkey, Weekend Center, Summer Camp and In-Home settings
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Interviews new clients and match clients with appropriate staff.
- Tracks and monitors clients plan of care.
- Establishes and maintains compliance with Health Department Facility License and Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) guidelines and regulations.
- Ensures the quality, stability and consistency of service delivery.
- Facilitates department orientation, and training to staff.
- Conducts staff meetings and manages employee performance.
- Establishes and implements Behavior Plans, trains staff and ensures compliance with plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Specialist and/or Special Education Supervisor Certificate preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work within deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, co-workers and others in a professional manner.
- Must be a self-starter and work independently as well as a great team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent people skills.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in a professional office environment, utilizing standard office equipment.
Job Type: Full-time