The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator provides support to Leaders, Program Coordinators and staff regarding various HR functions, policies, and procedures. The HR Coordinator oversees the recruitment process, works closely with Leaders to determine staffing needs, reviews and interviews applicants, and makes employment offers. The HR Coordinator also oversees the performance management process for all staff and manages the benefit enrollment process for new and existing staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Supports Agency Coordinators and staff on an ongoing basis, providing HR services as identified or requested. Explains HR functions (policies, procedures, laws, benefits, etc.) to new and current employees as needed.
- Coordinates all recruitment activities with the assistance of the HR Assistant or Specialist, including job postings and advertisements, job fairs, applicant tracking and dissemination of applications to Leaders, interviewing, checking references, and providing offers of employment.
- Assists the HR Assistant or Specialist with the new employee onboarding process, including facilitating New Employee Orientation, and completing new hire paperwork.
- Completes ongoing benefit and compensation changes for current employees as needed, and completes the process with the appropriate benefit vendor(s).
- Assists new employees with benefit enrollment, ensuring it is completed and processed within Kronos and all vendor portals.
- Analyzes job duties and oversees the Agency’s job descriptions, collaborating with Leaders in ensuring that the descriptions are accurate and up-to-date. Completes edits as needed.
- Oversees the performance appraisal process, supporting Leaders in annual compliance.
- Manages the HR function within Kronos, including entering and auditing personnel data and saving appropriate employee documentation as received.
- Generates and distributes general reports, including turnover and vacancy rate reports, and/or other documentation as required/requested.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Human Resources to prepare and implement the annual benefit enrollment process. Provides support to staff completing the process. Works with HR team to complete the HR detail work prior to and following open enrollment.
- Completes HR projects and tasks as assigned by the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Carries out other HR duties required to meet the department goals and objectives.
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Performs work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- One year of experience in Human Resources is required, 3+ years is preferred.
- HR certification preferred (SHRM or HRCI).
- Knowledge of employment law required.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required, along with strong problem solving, decision-making, and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent administrative, computer, and time management skills, along with ability to multitask, required.