Insurance Billing Clerk
Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Insurance Billing Clerk. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The Insurance Biller bills claims weekly in MyEvolv. Each morning payments are pulled from different insurance company websites and recorded and saved electronically. This individual works closely with the VP of Finance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Collects and enters insurance information on a timely basis.
- Posts insurance.
- Submits claims and follows up with insurance as needed.
- Records payments in MyEvolve.
- Credentialing Rainbows providers with Insurance Companies.
- Sets up contracts with Insurance Companies.
- BS or BA in Accounting or equivalent years of experience in Insurance Billing.
- Previous experience in General Accounting. Minimum of 2 years.
- Non-profit experience preferred but not required or equivalent verifiable experience.
- Must be a self-starter and work independently as well as a great team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent people skills.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
Job Type: Full-time