Mental Health Specialist
The Mental Health Specialist screens children 0-5 for social-emotional concerns, as well as mental health concerns.
Essential Job Functions (Responsibilities):
- Screens children 0-5 for social-emotional concerns.
- Assess children 0-5 for mental health concerns.
- Works with parents and child care providers to develop behavior interventions to address concerns in the child's natural environment.
- Visits children 0-5 in their natural environments to assist in the implementation of behavior intervention plans.
- Makes referrals for children 0-5 and their families to best meet their social-emotional and developmental needs.
- Attends and participates in multidisciplinary team meetings as well as team meetings within the mental health discipline.
- Trains parents and child care providers during formal training sessions.
- Provides mental health consultation to child care providers and infant/toddler team members.
- Attends trainings and inservices as required by RUI and maintain licensure with Kansas BSRB.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possesses a genuine caring for and interest in children
- Master in Mental Health filed, with appropriate licensure.
- Prefer 1-2 years previous experience working with families.
- Ability to deal effectively with public and co-workers in a professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to comply with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures
- Ability to read and write the English language
- Keep appropriate documentation of all cases per the standards of Rainbows United, Inc. and grant funding sources
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
Work Pace: **Self-paced, requiring the ability to work quickly and efficiently in an oftentimes fast-paced, emotionally demanding work area.
Work Environment:** Indoors and occasional outdoors.
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.
Job Type: Full-time