SIGN-ON BONUS: $5000 sign-on bonus available to the selected candidate. Upon hire, the new candidate will receive the first $2,500 on their first pay check and will receive the second $2,500 after completing their first year of employment.
Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for the Occupational Therapist. As a leading non-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs, and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
JOB SUMMARY: The Occupational Therapist will administer assessments and conduct Occupational Therapy treatment for children in homes. This role will cover our Infant-Toddler Department in Sedgwick County.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Develops and implements effective treatment plans.
- Participates in the IFSP/IEP team.
- Assists trans-disciplinary team in OT developmental activities.
- Deals effectively with public and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Complies with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains records as required.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Master’s Degree required
- Current Kansas license in Occupational Therapist required.
- Prior experience working with children with special needs preferred.
- Previous OT experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Must have a genuine interest in working with children and families.
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.
Job Type: Full-time