A Para-educator serves typically developing children and children with developmental disabilities in a child care setting age birth to 5 years. The person in this role will aid in the classroom with duties that could include feeding, diapering, toileting, participating in activities/games and housekeeping duties.
- Assists the teacher in providing a warm and nurturing environment in which the children can grow.
- Assesses the child's day to day strengths and needs through observation and maintains records as required.
- Provides input to classroom planning, both long term and short term.
- Maintains open communication with teacher, parents and other staff members.
- Ability to comply with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer 1 year working with special needs children or children aged 2 weeks to 5 years.
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately in an oftentimes fast-paced, emotionally demanding work area.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: 90% Indoors, 10% Outdoors.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Part time, Shift: Monday - Friday 3:00 PM-6:00 PM
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.