Rainbows is empowering children and families and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Para-Educator. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
A Para-Educator serves typically developing children and children with developmental disabilities in a child care setting age birth to 5 years. The person in this role will aid in the classroom with duties that could include feeding, diapering, toileting, participating in activities/games and housekeeping duties. This is a Part-Time position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Assists the Teacher in providing a warm and nurturing environment in which the children can grow.
- Assesses the child’s day to day strengths and needs through observation and maintains records as required.
- Provides input to classroom planning, both long term and short term.
- Maintains open communication with Teacher, Parents and other Staff Members.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Prefer 1 year working with special needs children or children aged 2 weeks to 5 years.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Ability to comply with Agency and Departmental Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
JOB TYPE: Part-time
- Monday- Friday
- Para opener: 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Para closer: 3:15 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Option to get more hours if desired- up to 29 hours a week.
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in a classroom setting both indoors and outdoors.