A Para-Professional serves typically developing children and children with developmental disabilities in a child care setting age birth to 5 years. The person in this role will aid in the classroom with duties that could include feeding, diapering, toileting, participating in activities/games and housekeeping duties.
- Assists the teacher in providing a warm and nurturing environment in which the children can grow.
- Assesses the child’s day to day strengths and needs through observation and maintains records as required.
- Provides input to classroom planning, both long term and short term.
- Maintains open communication with teacher, parents and other staff
- Complies with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Performs work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer 1 year working with special needs children or children aged 2 weeks to 5 years.
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately in an oftentimes fast-paced, emotionally demanding work area.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:90% Indoors, 10% Outdoors.
Part-Time Shift: Monday – Friday, 3:00pm-6:00pm
Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Para-Professional. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.