SIGN-ON BONUS: The selected candidate for this position will be eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus! The first $2,500 will be paid on the first check after this employee begins and the second $2,500 will be paid after this employees first year of service.
A Physical Therapist serves young children with developmental disabilities in the home, and community settings ages 0-5. This individual must have a genuine interest in working with children and their families.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Develops and implements effective treatment plans in coordination with other team members.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Assistant.
- Completes required tasks in a timely manner.
- Conducts developmental assessments.
- Works with the transdisciplinary team to achieve the educational and developmental goals of the child.
- Maintains records as required.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Masters or Doctorate Degree required.
- Current Kansas License in Physical Therapy required.
- Prior experience working with children with special needs preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with parents, children, public, and other professionals.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Physical Therapist. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.