Rainbows is empowering children and families and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for a Program Specialist. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, the Program Specialist will plan and prepare daily duties for the Infant Toddler, Sedgwick County staff. The Program Specialist will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the staff within the department by providing technical direction and guidance. As directed by the Program Coordinator, the Program Specialist will support staff members in the Program Coordinator’s absence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Assists Program Coordinator in training and support of current Infant/Toddler staff.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of new hire onboarding, training, and development for employees of the Infant/Toddler program.
- Communicates with parent/guardians as needed for quality assurance.
- Assists in streamlining current internal processes and creating new processes to meet ever-changing regulatory guidelines.
- Helps create and maintain internal processes to improve work efficiencies.
- Assists in tracking categorical aid for funding reimbursement.
- Provides staff support as directed in the absence of the Program Coordinator.
- Attends meetings and trainings as required.
- Carries small caseload as primary provider.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience working with special needs preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and work independently as well as a great team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to effectively deal with children and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Must have ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
STATUS: 220 days (1,760 hours annually)
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in home or center-based setting.