Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Human Resources Recruiter. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The Human Resources (HR) Recruiter oversees the recruitment process to ensure the Agency attracts, hires, and retains the best employees in the market. The Recruiter works closely with Leaders to determine staffing needs, review and interview applicants, and make employment offers to those who demonstrate a passion in Rainbows’ mission. The Recruiter also provides the Agency onboarding process for all new staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Collaborates with Program Leaders on a regular basis to determine staffing needs.
- Performs all recruitment activities of the Agency with the input of the Vice President of Human Resources. This includes completing job postings and advertisements, attending job fairs, applicant tracking and dissemination of applications to Leaders, screening and interviewing applicants, checking references, and providing offers of employment.
- Serves as a point of contact for both Program Leaders and candidates, building and facilitating candidate/Agency relationships during the selection process.
- Promotes the Agency as a “best place to work,” serving as the first face of Rainbows to the labor pool and to newly hired staff members.
- Completes the new employee onboarding process, including obtaining background checks and fingerprinting new hires, facilitating New Employee Orientation, and completing new hire paperwork.
- Analyzes job duties and oversees the Agency’s job descriptions, collaborating with Leaders in ensuring that the descriptions are accurate and up-to-date. Completes edits as needed.
- Carries out other HR duties required to meet the department goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Performs work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- One year of experience in recruitment is required, 3+ years is preferred.
- HR certification preferred (SHRM or HRCI).
- Knowledge of employment law required.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required, along with strong problem solving, decision-making, and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent administrative, computer, and time management skills, along with ability to multitask, required.