The Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect nursing care for Rainbows employees and the children served. The RN establishes protocols and standards of care to meet the wide variety of health care needs of the Agency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Monitors the health needs of the children in the Early Care and Education (on-site child care) program and provides safe, competent, and effficent nursing care for minor injuries and illnesses. Dispenses medications, tracks immunization records, and interacts with parents as needed.
- Provides medical support to Infant Toddler Services staff and the children served. Schedules home visits and provides staff members and parents with medical information.
- Provides medical support to other Agency programs as needs are identified.
- Presents training to children and to staff on a variety of medical topics.
- Completes hearing, vision, and growth screenings as requested for children served.
- Writes and maintains medical processes and procedures.
- Orders and organizes all general medical supplies for the Agency. Stocks classrooms.
- Provides employee health monitoring, including overseeing physical results for new hires, physician documentation for ill employees (including work restrictions), and ongoing COVID-19 guidance.
- Tracks COVID-19 test results as required by Rainbows’ policy and governmental regulations.
- Files workers compensation claims with insurance carrier, communicating with occupational medicine provider and employee.
- Monitors FMLA compliance and communicates with employees and leaders.
- Licensure as an RN in the State of Kansas required.
- Minimum of 1 year of RN experience required.
- Self-starter, independent worker, and team player.
- Strong technical, assessment and documentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including ability to teach others.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to comply with Agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt