Rainbows is empowering children and families and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for a Registered Nurse for Camp Woodchuck. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
JOB SUMMARY: The Camp Woodchuck Registered Nurse aids children and staff with medical assistance such as first aid, medication administration, seizure monitoring, communicable disease monitoring, and treatment orders. This person will also provide proper documentation when appropriate or required based on the situation. The Camp Nurse will also have the ability to remain calm in stressful or emergency situations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Assess campers for possible communicable diseases and discern appropriate time for exclusion from camp activities, due to illness.
- Teaches and models proper body mechanics, Universal Precautions and Infection Control.
- Provides first aid and assesses level of medical assistance needed.
- Monitors seizure activity and documents appropriately. See HCP’s (health care plans for seizures)
- Organizes and administers medications and treatments per orders.
- Provides a calming demeanor when stressful situations arise.
- Provides excellent technical, assessment, and documentation skills.
- Organizes work flow and responds to emergencies.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Kansas registered nurse license.
- Prior experience working with children with special needs preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and work independently as well as a great team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to effectively deal with children and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must comply with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non–Exempt
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Seasonal- The Registered Nurse starts May 22nd,2023, and Camp Woodchuck starts June 1st and runs through July 28th, 2023
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates outdoors for Camp Woodchuck
LOCATION: 2258 N. Lakeway Cir, Wichita, KS 67205