Special Event Coordinator
The focus of the Special Events Coordinator is to increase revenue with a primary goal of managing signature special events. This individual will report to the VP of Development and will provide leadership in the planning, coordination and evaluation of agency’s large-scale, signature special events - primarily Fashion Passion, Blarney Breakfast and Rainbows Run. In addition, the Coordinator will manage and plan employee and community events, including key logistical support, throughout the year.
- Work with VP of Development to assure that special events maximize revenues for agency
- Oversee day to day planning, coordination and execution of signature events including Fashion Passion, Blarney Breakfast and Run|Walk
- Assist in developing plans including timetables and budgets for revenue-producing events
- Evaluate the outcomes of each event
- Develop and maintain corporate and individual communication, participation and sponsorship of event; manage vendor relationships and partnerships
- Coordinate communications and marketing in support of all special events
- Coordinate and interface with key volunteers; collaborate with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure event volunteer goals are met
- Enter and maintain accurate information in Raiser’s Edge database; collaborate with Development Assistant to ensure all records are current and accurate
- Provide support for all special events committees including attending meetings, doing correspondence, filing and follow-up necessary.
- Participate as a professional member of the development department staff in providing effective service to the agency
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years prior experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently, and possess excellent communication, organizational, and creative thinking skills.
- Experience in planning and implementing events including expertise in attracting sponsorships; proven track record in developing and implementing promotion plans; silent and live auction expertise associated with fundraising events
- Personable and a team player; able to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Works well in stressful situations and is able to maintain a sense of calm under pressure
- Willing to assist with database management and clerical work
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office is required; knowledge and experience in Raisers Edge database program or similar software and social media tools is preferred
ADDITONAL JOB DETAILS: Full time Exempt, located in Wichita, KS
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.