Sign-On Bonus: We are offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus to the candidate who fills this role! The first $2,500 will be paid on the first check after employment begins and the second $2,500 will be paid out after completing one year of service.
Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for a Speech Language Pathologist. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
A Speech Language Pathologist serves children with developmental disabilities from birth to age three in the home and community setting. This person serves intervention services by partnering with families in the growth and development of their child. Must have a genuine interest in working with children and families.
- Works effectively with parents, children, public and other profession.
- Develops and implements effective treatment plans in coordination with other team members.
- Completes appropriate paperwork in a timely manner and adhere to deadlines.
- Works with the multidisciplinary team to achieve the educational and developmental goals of the family and child.
- May require extended work days and travel between RUI sites, family homes, and other community agencies.
- Master’s Degree in Speech/Language Pathology and current Kansas State License.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Certification (CCC-A) required. New Graduates, must comply within 12 months of graduation date.
- Experience with child speech language disorders and therapy preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of child speech-language disorders and therapy.
- Skilled at assessing development in young children.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: 95% Indoors, 5% Outdoors May require extended work days and travel between RUI sites, family homes, and other community agencies.
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately in an oftentimes fast-paced, emotionally demanding work area.
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.
Job Type: Full-time