Rainbows is empowering children and families and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for a Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
A Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant serves young children with developmental disabilities in community settings ages 3-5. This individual must have a genuine interest in working with children and their families.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Assists the Speech-Language Pathologist in implementing the treatment plan for the child.
- Maintains records as required.
- Completes required tasks in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Complete a training program conducted by a Kansas-licensed Speech-Language Pathologist at Rainbows United, Inc.
- Current valid Driver’s License and auto insurance.
- Prior experience working with children with special needs preferred.
- Previous Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with parents, children, the public, and other professionals.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
Status: 201 days per year (1608 hours annually)
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in community settings as needed.