Sign-On Bonus: We are offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus to the candidate who fills this role! The first $2,500 will be paid on the first check after employment begins and the second $2,500 will be paid out after completing one year of service.
Rainbows is empowering children and families and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for a Speech Language Pathologist in Butler County. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The Speech/Language Pathologist serves children with developmental disabilities from birth to age three in the home and community settings in Butler County. This person serves intervention services by partnering with families in the growth and development of their child. Must have a genuine interest in working with children and families. This individual must have a genuine interest in working with children and their families.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Works effectively with parents, children, the public and other professions.
- Develops and implements effective treatment plans in coordination with other team members.
- Completes appropriate paperwork in a timely manner and adheres to deadlines.
- Works with the multidisciplinary team to achieve the educational and developmental goals of the family and child.
- May require extended work days and travel between RUI sites, family homes, and other community agencies.
- Master’s Degree in Speech/Language Pathology and current Kansas State License.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Certification (CCC-A) required. New Graduates, must comply within 12 months of graduation date.
- Experience with child speech language disorders and therapy preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of child speech-language disorders and therapy.
- Skilled at assessing development in young children.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with parents, children, the public, and other professionals.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
STATUS: This position works 210 days per year (1680 hours)
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in homes and community settings in Butler County as needed.