Rainbows is bringing potential to life and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for Staff Accountant. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The Staff Accountant supports the Finance team, including the Vice President of Finance, in maintaining financial compliance and financial records for the Agency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
· Prepares financial reports, including grant billings and expense reports.
· Assists with the preparation of budgets.
· Reviews Accounts Receivable and prepares client statements.
· Prepares journal entries for review and posting.
· Assists in monthly reconciliation of accounts.
· Researches account transactions.
· Assists with audit preparation.
· Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
· BS or BA in Accounting required.
· Non-profit experience preferred but not required.
· Prior experience in an Accounting position required.
· Excel/Microsoft Office experience.
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Self-starter and able to work independently.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent people skills, along with being a good team member..
· Organized and able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines as required.
· Has ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt