Must be available to do training a week before Camp starts.
Camp Direct Support Professionals attends to daily duties as needed for Camp including assisting in helping with meals, activities, and overall support for the children.
- Provide appropriate companionship and personal care for youth with developmental disabilities
- Attend to daily living activities as required
- Maintain a safe and appropriate environment for camp attendees
- Provide input to parent/guardian/program coordinator or camp director regarding care, concerns, accidents or problems
- Maintain open communication with parent/guardian and appropriate camp staff
- Ability to comply with agency and departmental safety policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate in the English language
- Maintain communication with the Program Coordinator or his/her designee
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the clients and program
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year experience working with children with developmental disabilities. Experience working with individuals with challenging behaviors
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.
Job Type: Temporary
Virtual Camp/Remote-will work inside family’s home
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $10.00 per hour
Candidates must be available to work the dates listed below:
Camp Woodchuck Dates are: June 1, 2021 through July 30,2021. Position will be full time. Flexible hours are available