Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer
The Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer is responsible for oversight of all financial operations of the Agency, within legal and regulatory guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Responsible for all financial operations of the Agency.
- Insures that Agency resources are managed responsibly.
- Works closely with the Agency President to insure financial security of the Agency.
- Oversees all business functions of the Agency including preparation of budgets and insuring proper management of payables, receivables and payroll.
- Insures that all financial functions and reports are completed and submitted timely, per Agency policy and procedure and legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Leads and develops staff in the Finance, Insurance Billing and MIS areas, to include hiring, performance management, scheduling and assignment of duties, and other management responsibilities as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to serve as a successful participant on the Leadership Team and to interact effectively with the Agency’s Board of Directors.
- Prepares and professionally presents accurate financial reports to the Leadership Team, Finance Committee, Board of Directors, and The Rainbows United Charitable Foundation Board. Serves as a member of the Finance Committee and coordinates the Committee’s activities.
- Supports the fundraising activities of the Agency, providing information and expertise as needed.
- Affiliates with appropriate financial networks and organizations.
- Serves as a role model and mentor of the Agency’s Guiding Principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a relevant field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Public Account (CPA) license preferred.
- Experience in auditing, compliance, budgeting, and resource development required.
- Minimum of 7 years proven leadership experience required, preferably in a not-for-profit setting.
- Experience collaborating with a multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Rainbows’ Mission.
- Knowledge of all applications of financial accounting, including regulatory requirements.
- Excellent supervisory and people skills.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills to include a working knowledge of accounting and industry related software, data bases and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, able to multitask and work independently, and have excellent organizational skills.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in a professional office environment, utilizing standard office equipment.
Rainbows United, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rainbows United, Inc., from recruitment through employment and promotion, training and work assignments, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Rainbows United, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with each new employee’s Form I-9 information to confirm work authorization.