Written by Blair Miller, Rainbows’ Special Events Coordinator
The first time I attended the Blarney Breakfast was years ago when I was in high school. As a patron of the event, I never imagined that one day I’d actually be involved in planning it. Along with the tireless Chi Epsilon Chapter ESA women, I am fortunate to have the opportunity to help oversee the day-to-day planning, coordination and execution of the Blarney Breakfast as the Special Events Coordinator.
We are so proud of the Blarney Breakfast, as it is and has been for 42 years, one of the most fun and community supported events in Wichita. This event wouldn’t be the success that it is without the support of our planning committee, event partners, sponsors, volunteers and of course the Wichita community. On behalf of Rainbows, thank you for your continued support of children with special needs served by Rainbows!
If you’ve attended the Blarney Breakfast before, then you know how fun, festive and fast paced the event is. If this will be your first time to attend, then you’re in for a quite the experience!
Below is an overview of event details—everything you want to know and more!
- The Blarney Breakfast is on Friday, March 17 from 6-9:30 a.m. at Old Chicago East. It is a come, eat, have fun and go event.
- Adult tickets are $15, and children (under 12) are $5. Purchase tickets online at RainbowsUnited.org or at Old Chicago East.
- The first 750 attendees will receive a commemorative event coffee mug.
- The menu includes: pancakes courtesy of the infamous Chris Cakes of Wichita, scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, biscuit, hash browns and choice of beverage (Dunkin’ Donuts coffee, milk, orange juice or soft drink).
- There will be live radio broadcasts courtesy of KEYN, KNSS and Power 93.5 as well as a special presentation for some of the children served by Rainbows.
- Local celebrities will be in attendance to pour coffee and will have a friendly competition to see who raises the most in tips. Tips will be donated to the event’s proceeds.
- Dunkin’ Donuts coffee will be served, and donuts will be available to purchase. Consider taking some donuts back to the office for those who are unable to attend!
- There will be Blarney swag, Blarney Bundles and raffle tickets for the “I <3 ICT” raffle package available to purchase.
- Enjoy the festivities with the company of Irish dancers, bagpipers, the legendary leprechaun, clowns and many more! There will also be fun photo props.
We look forward to celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with you at the 42nd Annual Blarney Breakfast on Friday, March 17. Thank you for your continued support of children with special needs served by Rainbows!