Specialized foster care families of Rainbows United see the masterpiece within each child and provide a safe and loving environment crucial to a child’s success. This comes during a time of separation when events prevent them from being with their birth family. Supporting and guiding children in foster care gives them the skills and confidence for soaring above their life circumstances.
Rainbows United supports its specialized foster care resource families in their journey by:
- Guiding the Foster Care family through the process of licensure.
- Being available 24/7 in case of emergencies.
- Helping the family access services for the child in their care.
All families interested in becoming a Rainbows foster family must meet the following requirements:
- Be 21 years or older, single or married.
- Be able to adequately support their own family financially.
- Work as part of a team with social workers and birth parents.
- Complete the PS-MAPP class.
- Pass background checks (Kansas Bureau of Investigation and Child Abuse/Neglect Registry).
- Have experience working with foster children, persons with developmental disabilities or children with complex medical conditions.