St. Patrick’s Day is the day of green, rainbows, Leprechauns, pots of gold , and sensory play! Check out these St. Patty’s Day sensory play activities your child will love:
1. Golden Slime What it is: Mix 1.5 cups of Sta Flo liquid starch, (2) 5oz bottles of Elmer’s glue, and a cup of gold glitter to make glittery slime worthy of a pot at the end of a rainbow.
2. Green Play Dough What it is: Mix 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of warm water, 2 tbsp of salt, 2 tbsp of cream of tartar, 2 tbsp of cooking oil, and (1) 3 oz pack of lime Jell-o in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat and stir occasionally until it becomes dough you can also add green food coloring while cooking. Once thickened, place on wax paper or surface until cooled. Have your child knead in flour and green glitter (optional) until it is no longer sticky.
3. Rainbow Spaghetti What it is: Place cooked spaghetti in a zip lock bag add food coloring and have your child shake the pack to completely coat the spaghetti. Repeat for different colors and place all in a bin or bowl.
4. Gold Dig What it is: Mix shaving cream, 3-4 drops of green food coloring, and green glitter in a bowl. Add some gold coins and stir so they are hidden. Give your child a spoon, or let them use their hands, to dig and find the coins.
5. Rainbow Rice What it is: Mix 1/3 cup of liquid water colors with a splash of rubbing alcohol. Pour the mixture into 6-8 cups of white rice and mix until rice is coated. Spread out the rice on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 170 degrees. Repeat for each color. Once rice is completely dry place all colors in a plastic bin or tub. Let your child play in the rice.
6. Green Water Beads What it is: Place green water beads in a pot or tub, add some gold coins.
7. Rainbow Jell-o What it is: Make different colors of Jell-o. Cut up into squares and place in a sensory bin. This activity appeals to various senses.