Camp is a summer recreational and leisure day program for children and young adults, kindergarten enrollees - 18 years of age.
Persons over 18 years can attend if they have been enrolled in an educational program during the previous school year.
- Serves children and young adults with disabilities.
- Children and young adults will receive individual attention, assistance, and supervision as needed.
- An appropriate option for children who have restricted mobility and/or use of wheelchairs as their primary form of mobility.
- We will work around your child’s Extended School Year Schedule.
- Breakfast, lunch, and a snack are provided
Camp is held at Rainbows’ Kids’ Cove
2258 N. Lakeway Circle Wichita, KS 67205
Dates and Hours of Operation
June 3 - August 2, 2019
We will be closed on July 4, 2019 in observance of Independence Day.
AM Latchkey: 7:30 - 8 a.m.
Program Hours: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
PM Latchkey: 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
A certified staff member will be on site from 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. in order to give or assist with medications.
Activity Fee: $50 one-time fee due with enrollment
Private Pay Fees: If you choose to turn in proof of income, you can access a sliding fee scale. Families will pay for days and times they are enrolled.
AM and PM Latchkey may also be purchased on a sliding fee scale.
Private Pay: Payment according to the Camp Service Agreement is due on the Monday before week of scheduled attendance.
Family Support: Can be used as a funding source to pay for Camp.
HCBS (Home and Community Based Services): Supportive home care hours can be billed if a plan of care is in our offices no later than April 26, 2019.
How do I sign up?
All participants in the program must meet the following criteria:
- Contact the Sedgwick County Developmental Disability Organization (SCDDO) to be determined eligible for services.
- Have a diagnosis of I/DD.
- Completed enrollment packet on file with the Family Support
Download an application here.
Complete enrollment paperwork and bring to an enrollment session. Enrollment will be held at Kids’ Cove for new campers.
Please contact Family Support Services to set up an appointment to go over the completed application. Enrollment deadline is April 5.
Family Enrollment: 316.945.7117 ext 100.